It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Locked out of my account, need help

Hi!

A few weeks ago I got logged out of my Trello account. When I tried resetting my password I realized that my account was originally opened with the email I used at my old job. Because of this I could not reset my password and gain access to my account again. Trello refuses to change the email address to my old account despite me having a unique name which is in both my username, old email address and new email address.

I was the leader of a board at work I started. My question is if I need to create a new account to be able to get back into this board, how can I give leadership access to another member in the board so that we dont completely lose all the data that is on there?

Thank you in advance,

Stefano

1 answer

0 votes
Torben Atlassian Team Nov 15, 2019

Access to the registered email address is required in order to gain access to an account.

This is an important security measure to prevent social hacking/ engineering attacks. You can read more about our efforts here: https://help.trello.com/article/839-why-support-cant-grant-access-to-your-account

You might want to check, if you can get access to that old email address in order to gain access to the account again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,492 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you