Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Trello; 2FA Code not recieved

Kev Akers May 17, 2020

Problem: Since migration from Trello to Atlassian account I'm logged out of my Trello account and cannot log in.

I have successfully sent password reset, and have reset said password (same email as this Atlassian account obviously).

It then asks for six-digit 2FA code - but I'm not recieving the code to my phone.

The screen says:

We've sent a code to +xxxxxxxxx70, it should get to you soon.

This format of phone number is correct for my phone number; but nothing is recieved.

Can you help?

The phone is a New Zealand phone number (0064) if that helps?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

@Kev Akers I'll ping the team in Slack to see if someone can jump on here quickly.

Kev Akers May 19, 2020

Thanks Iain, appreciate your help very much!

Havent heard anything yet (but I'm learning patience :))

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2020

What can Community (i.e. other users just like you) possibly solve here?

Reach to atlassian support via https://support.atlassian.com instead.

I have noticed that a lot of other services (non-Atlassian) are failing to reach NZ numbers - it's possible that there is a failure somewhere on infrastructure level with some generic provider (e.g. AWS).

Kev Akers May 17, 2020

Thanks - I've seen some support reps answering questions on here; I was hoping someone might help my instance too. I'm getting desperate now...

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2020

They do indeed, but to me, this always seemed like "volunteer service" and "picking up strugglers", whereas proper support channels will have SLAs attached to them.

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2020

Also see this one: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/2FA-in-Trello-does-not-ask-for-a-code/qaq-p/1331056

Specifically the advice to reach to Trello team

Kev Akers May 17, 2020

Thanks.

I've tried Trello support twice.

Also sent ticket to Atlassian.

Also sent DM via Twitter.

Any other channels you can recommend :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2020

From experience I would expect some delay due to timezone differences.

I would also suggest trying to raise a query in the context of Atlassian ID (not Trello)

The real nuclear options are at the bottom of this page: https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact (and I don't mean Feedback to Founders) 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

@Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_ the new trello.com/contact page pushes people pretty aggressively to community support and there's no email address anymore which is why so many people are on here asking stuff.

However, the support folks from Trello will come on here and address any issues that don't have an accepted answer within 24 hours, and those of us in the Slack channel can also bring stuff to their attention if urgent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events