Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List item (with members) --> Card (with members)

Cierra Loux February 11, 2021

I'm trying to set up a Butler automation. Whenever a new item is made in a specifically named list, I want that item to become a new card. That card will then be moved to another list on another board.

That part is easy enough.

But, I want the members assigned to the item to make it onto the new card. Here's what I'm running:

BUTLER
when an item is added to checklist "Content Planning" by anyone, convert the item to a linked card in list "Upcoming" copying members, and move the card to the top of list "Upcoming" on board "Content Planner"

But.... it isn't working as I hoped. Although convert "the item to a linked card in list "Upcoming" copying members" sounds like it would copy initial item-based members, it copies initial card-based members.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

@Cierra Loux yep you're correct "copying members" refers to card members not members assigned to checklist items.

Obviously when a checklist item is added it can't already be assigned to a member.

What you need is a trigger when a member is added to a checklist item which I believe doesn't exist in Butler yet, but this Trellinator code will do it:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/06a9dd7833e2395a8034e259ab027c12

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Cierra Loux February 12, 2021

Well, you can assign the checklist item to a member (and set a due date) before creating it. 

I will look at what you've shared.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2021

@Cierra Loux 

You need to established the current card on the converted card. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events