Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Linking to a LIST

When a board has more than two dozen lists, the user should be able to jump to one of them without scrolling through the whole board.

At the top of every "normal" list, I create a unique "anchor card" that identifies that list.  My first (leftmost) column is a "summary" list where I keep one unique summary card to link to the anchor card of each "normal" list.  I create a link (Trello Attachment) between the two cards.  Now I can jump from one card to the other.

However, opening the "anchor card" does NOT navigate TO THAT LIST.  The card frame IDENTIFIES the list containing that card, but there is no navigation click that will take me to that LIST.

If I use the board SEARCH function on the unique name that the two cards have in common, it filters out the background so I see only those two cards.  HOWEVER, I still have to use the scroll bar to move through the whole board until I come upon the visible anchor card.

I conclude that there is no way to NAVIGATE TO a particular LIST, which is a tremendous disadvantage on a wide board.  I want never to have to SCROLL through 50 lists in order to find the right one.  If I were able to LINK TO A LIST, then I could dispense with the ANCHOR CARD, making life even simpler.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 14, 2019

@Kent Busse you can't link to a list but if you're in a web browser you can just use the standard text search feature to jump to one.

Torben Atlassian Team Jul 15, 2019

Another option if you are using Chrome is to use a 3rd party extension for that: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-list-filter/lohpplkkfafipfinjgjfnmidmfjobkop?hl=en

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,661 views 16 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you