Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking slack to trello, error when adding team member to a card

Michael Armijo September 21, 2018

Hello,

I've linked my trello and slack successfully and can create cards on my trello board. However, when I try to directly add teammates to a card I get the following error:

/trello add @Mike test_card  

I get the following message:

I don't know @Mike Are they normal (not guest or bot) members of this Slack team?

I have been following the directions in step 6 of this guide:https://blog.trello.com/master-trello-app-for-slack-infographic

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hi Michael,

There is not a way to add other board members to your cards from within Slack directly. The @mention function looks for other Slack members that are authorized with Trello, and then tries to add them to your card.

So in order for that to work, Mike would need to connect his Slack account with his Trello account within that Slack room. Once that is complete, then the command that you tried should work.

Michael Armijo September 24, 2018

Hi there,

I have had all of my teammates connect their trello accounts to slack. They can create cards and add comments to them, but we are still experiencing issues when trying to add people to cards by using @Mike or @Gerald, for example. It also does not work with /trello assign mike to the latest card. 

Is this is a bug or is there some other step we need to take to enable the assign feature from slack?

Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hi Michael,

If you don't mind, can you please reach out to our support team directly at https://trello.com/contact so that we can help troubleshoot further?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events