Linking due dates between cards

Sonja Duncan September 14, 2020

Hi Trello Guru's out there

I am setting up a project tracker and I need to link the Due Date on one card on a Board with the Due Date on another card.

---

Working example

When the Due Date on Card A  is set to '20 September 2020' the Due Date for Card B becomes '20 September 2020'.

If the Due Date on Card A changes the Due Date on Card B changes to the the same new date.

---

I'm Butler newbie and have been going in circles on many forums so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sonja

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Sonja Duncan the problem is that you can't set a card due based on a variable like {triggercardduedate} BUT you can set a due date based on the value in a custom field, which means that you can go via a custom field to set the due date on a linked card like this:

when a due date is set on a card, find the first card linked in the attachments, set custom field "Due" to "{triggercardduedate}", and set due on the date in custom field "Due"
Sonja Duncan September 16, 2020

Hi Iain - thanks for the help. 

I can see how this would work using custom fields. I will give this a shot and see how it goes.

Cheers Sonja.

0 votes
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events