Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Cards between boards with part of the card title match

Cam May 4, 2020

Hi 

Is it possible to link two cards on different boards when only part of the card title match? 

Board 1 

Card:

541905 510035 800 IA 420

Link with Board 2

Card:

Here I am looking to Link cards when number "510035" matches.  I have hundreds of part numbers....If anyone can help. Thanks 

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

@Cam @Cam_Anderson you won't be able to use Butler go from a card which contains one or more numbers, split them up into components and then find a card somewhere else whose title matches that component. You could go the other way, though.

This Trellinator function would do what you want though:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/574b1526eddf4f8cd256ad0d7bb23ed4

That function splits the created card title by space and finds cards in a Source board with a name matching any of the components and reciprocally links them.

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

Hi @Cam 

Are you expecting that if two card have matching titles, they should be automatically linked?

Also what is your expectation with linking of the cards? Do you just want to embed link of one card into another or do you want something else?

Cam_Anderson May 5, 2020

Hi @Deepanshu Natani 

I was hoping that was the case and yes embedding the link will work for me. 

I have a job board and want to tool board. I want to link the job to the specific tool based on the part number. 

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events