Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Boards Together

Nathan Shnipes September 10, 2018

I have been looking online for this lately but have come up dry.

I have both an overview, company wide board, but also smaller project boards that track progress within one process. What I want is for when things move from in progress to complete, or to do to in progress on the project board, for it to move to a list labeled updates on the overview board. possibly also have any cards on the project board be options in a checkbox on the overview card, and have them auto check off when the referenced card is moved to done.

Thanks for any and all help!

2 answers

0 votes
Kimberly Harris September 19, 2018

That is frustrating, because it is actually in Trello's advertising that this can be done.  It is one of the things my team was excited about.  Is there plans to change this soon? 

https://blog.trello.com/using-multiple-boards-for-a-super-flexible-workflow

Nathan Shnipes September 20, 2018

so two things, one all the things im looking for technically are possible, but i just am looking to automate them more. also that article uses several powerups to achieve what it is doing, so it didn't really imply that base trello could do it

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2018

Natively this is not available in Trello.

There are however a few third-party Power-Ups that can help you keep cards on different boards in sync. You can read more about those here:

Cardsync
Unito
Board Sync by Unito

Maybe this can help with the desired workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events