Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to a public board.

Tom Wade June 11, 2019

I am setting up a board for others, the majority will not be Trello users, to view the board by a shared link. Is there a limit on how many views or persons that can view this board. It would be a board for highway closures or lane closures that truck drivers could view to see this information when planning a trip. Would this be a good use for a public board? Or any rules against using a Trello Gold account for this purpose?

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2019

@Tom WadeA public board can be seen by anyone, and there's no limit on sharing the url.

My concern would be if it's easy to use for Truck drivers, and if a map based view would not be more appropriate.

Tom Wade June 17, 2019

A map based view would be easier to read and locate a closure or restriction but requires more time to keep up to date or add a location. With Trello using custom fields to show the start and end date of the closure of a road or restriction on the face of the card and using Butler to delete or archive a card once the due date (due date is the end of the restriction or closure) is past will help with keeping it up to date. I get updates for road closures and restrictions from the state site by email and it is easier to create a card and copy and paste a picture of the detour and/or location on the card then to put the location on a map with the information needed to show the time frame. During this time of year, there may be 1 to 10 new or updates for road construction. Thanks for your reply. 

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2019

Hi @Tom Wade ,

You can use a map with Trello: https://trello.com/power-ups/5ad892c30b141641d32919bf/map

Just add the power-up to your board, and off you go.

Tom Wade June 18, 2019

Will have to try that. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events