Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link cards becoming normal cards because of Butler

Thibault Molleman February 26, 2021

Hi,

So I noticed a problem. When creating one of those new link cards (where you just add a url to a list and it becomes a link), if you have a butler command setup that automatically adds (in my case) a custom field value to it. Then it turns that card into a normal card.

And when I then remove then remove the custom field, it still stays a normal card.

So the only way on that board I can create a link card is by temporarily disabling that command..

Any other solution for this?

1 answer

2 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2021

Not right now, but eventually we'll be able to fix this.  Right now if you add anything to the card, it will revert to normal card.  But we will be changing that where it can be both at the same time.

Thibault Molleman February 27, 2021

Is there a timeline on this? (next month, next quarter. End of the year?)

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

@Michael Pryor does that apply to cards created via the API also? Currently if I create a card named with only a link (or a card named with a board link) via the API it doesn't turn it into a "link card" or a "board card". I'm particularly interested in this feature for linking/synching cards when you release it, so I hope you're able to roll it out for the API too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events