Link 2 different cards on different boards

Jesper Artoft Funch February 3, 2022

We have one board with our main machine, and other boards with parts.

I would like to link cards from the parts boards to a card on the main board. so when the main machine is done all the other cards that is linked to it will be done automatically. the cards dont have the same name is not identically

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

@Jesper Artoft Funch 

Having this setup allows you to check off completion on the main card easily in Trello:

Machine Card

-> Parts Checklist

items are ----> cardlink to the instance of the part

Instance of part card

Once the part is completed, you can always use the {cardid} to lookup the item on the Parts Checklist on the machine card.

Each instance of part card has a cardlink to the machine card as an attachment.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Jesper Artoft Funch ,

So it sounds like you are asking about a way to automatically update one issue based on another issues progress. Moreover you are linking these issues as related or something similar. Is that correct?

Assuming so you certainly can use links and automation for this purpose. Have you attempted to set up an automation rule for this purpose as yet? One thing here to note is that what boards these issues appear on is irrelevant to the task at hand. 

For I offer specific automation guidelines I would offer up the following Community search results for you to consider - automation+update+status+of+linked+issues 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events