Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limits to adding cards to a list?

kimberly.gordon@yale.edu February 22, 2019

I am new to Trello (yesterday) and am creating a board for a project. I have created a list titled "Stakeholders", but once I reached 14 cards on that list, I am unable to add another card. If I try to add a card to the Stakeholders list, it automatically pops up on my "Meetings" list. I have approximately 50 stakeholders to add - HELP!

I can't find a notification anywhere that I have reached some sort of limit. 

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

Hi kimberly.gordon@yale.edu sorry to hear this is happening to you. There is no limit to the number of cards on a Trello list, or at least it is not capped at 14 as I have a few lists with over 50 cards. What browser are you using? I use Google Chrome and ios and have never experienced this issue before.

Thanks,

Jodi

Thank you for the speedy reply @Jodi LeBlanc.

Interestingly, I moved to Trello on my IPad & it worked just fine. I have a Mac so I am using Safari. It sounds like it might be best to use Chrome with Trello. I will try it. I appreciate your help!

-Kimberly

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

Thanks kimberly.gordon@yale.edu I am glad it worked for you. Please let me know if it works in Chrome when you try it. Glad to hear it worked on your ipad.

Talk to you soon,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Also, you mentioned you are new to Trello, you may wish to check out the www.trello.com/inspiration boards, they really helped me a lot for ideas, and the best part is if you see a board you like you can click copy board and it makes a copy for you that you can adapt for your own.

Have a great day!

Jodi

Thank you, that would be VERY helpful! I’m bookmarking it now. 

Happy Friday!

-Kimberly

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Thanks kimberly.gordon@yale.edu Happy Friday to you too :)

Bill Porter March 5, 2019

I am using Google Chrome and also seem to be unable to add a card to a list of about 30 cards. It will also not let me start a new list.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

Hi Bill, do you have the most recent version of chrome? You may also wish to reboot and try it again. I am using chrome with windows 10 and have some lists up to 50+ cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events