LearnDash & Trello

Rosko January 31, 2021

Has anybody used zapier or other to integrate LearnDash and Trello together?

If so

1– would it be possible to extract the course name into a contact card comments?

2– How do you label the card as course started and course finished?

For Example, the trigger is when a person enrolls on a course, the action to perhaps be find the contacts card which card name is their name and add comment of the course name and label ‘started’. And secondly when the user completes the course (trigger), then label their card as course complete (action)

https://zapier.com/apps/learndash/integrations/trello

is this possible?

thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rosko February 1, 2021

On Zapier
Trigger 1. Enrolled Into A Course in LearnDash

(Search Step) Action 2. Find Card in Trello

Under Card name it says Enter text or insert data… ​

But how do I make it lookup the name of the person who "Enrolled Into A Course" in order to find their card?

Or am I missing something?

Thank you

Crmble Support February 2, 2021

Hi @Rosko ,

thanks for using Crmble! I would suggest to use the LearnDash "name" field of the person that enrolled on your course, to lookup for on your Trello Card in Zapier step. Then you can Add an action of assign a Label to that Trello card since now you have the Trello Id Card.

Does it sounds like a solution or am I missing something?

Cheers

The Crmble Crew

Rosko February 2, 2021

Thank you CRMBLE!!!!

The soloution worked with another change added. I did test the "name" field of the person that enrolled on your course but because I had the next action set with card name instead of card id it was giving me a bad request error. As soon as I changed action 2 to Card ID from action 1 - it all worked as I thought.

Like Crmble Support likes this
Crmble Support February 13, 2021

Glad to hear that! If you need something else just let us know!

Cheers

Toni

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2021

@Rosko 

Using Zapier to integrate with Trello is usually not difficult once you get a handle on a couple of things. Like in all integration, establishing the relationship between the two is usually the challenge. The way it is usually involves a find. For example if you want to update a Google sheet row, you need to use a value from Trello and then through custom to take the output from that step to use it. Good news is that Zapier will tell you that you need one, at least in the Google Sheet case. 
The other experience was in label. In helping a client he only have the status like request types. But he found that he must have both label name and colour to be provided to Zapier. So a lookup step is required in Zapier. Again this can be done. 

Rosko February 1, 2021

@milynnusThanks but I'm still unsure. Are you suggesting I use google sheets as the inbeyeeen stage?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

@Rosko 

No, I am not suggesting you use Google Sheet. I am only saying that challenge is to find the record/card you want to update. Your question below is exactly what I am saying. You have someone enrolling in LearnDash, you need some info from LearnDash to find the card in Trello. Unfortunately they can be quite specific to individual implementation of their Board.

Rosko February 2, 2021

@milynnus Thank you for the reply. 

At thisearly stage I would be happy with the trigger of a member enrolling on a course and the action to create label on their Trello card.

Considering a CRMBLE card with the members name will definitely already be created on Trello from the initial onboarding Typeform submission.

So logically I thought this would be a very easy process using zapier to dynamically search the persons name (card name) and label their Trello card accordingly.

@crmble 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events