It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Labels in one board for all the other boards

Deleted user Mar 10, 2020

I generatet 8 Labels in my first board. But if I go to another board, the labels are empty. How can I generate durable labels for all boards? :-)

2 answers

0 votes
carrie_eandm Community Leader Mar 10, 2020

@[deleted] Here's the best solution for you, this comes from Trello's help guide for Adding Labels to Cards.

Moving labels between boards

If you would like to move a card from one board to another, any labels that do not already exist on the destination board will be automatically created when the card is moved. 

A quick way to copy labels from one board to another, is to create a temporary card and add any labels that you would like to move over to that card. Then, you can move the card to the destination board, and all of the labels will be created for you.

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 10, 2020

@[deleted] the following Trellinator command will loop through all boards and add a new label to the first card on each, then immediately remove it again, whenever a user who is not Trellinator adds a label on any board:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/fe71f9c6bc0e8850138889a76adda7a9

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,594 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you