Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label marking history

Mitch S October 5, 2017

Is there a way to track the history of which team member marked/unmarked labels on list?

2 answers

0 votes
Nguyen Minh Thien May 19, 2023

For now, trello support custom automation rule to handle marking history.

Using Automation rules:

image.png

Instruction:
1. Create rule.
2. Add trigger:
image.png

3. Create action "post comment" and fill with "@{username} added the label {labelname} to this card"

image.png

4. Save rule and turn on rule by check at the box:
image.png

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

Hey Mitch

Trello doesn't track the label history, however you can use Butlerbot to help with this!

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add two new cards to the Butler list, using the follow text 

• when a label is removed from a card, post comment "@{username} removed the {labelcolor} label from this card"
  • when a label is added to a card, post comment "@{username} added the label {labelcolor} label to this card"

If you use label names, then the variable would be "{labelname}" instead of "{labelcolor}".  You can even extend the comment to include the date and time, even though the comment will be timestamped.  Just use

• when a label is removed from a card, post comment "@{username} removed the {labelcolor} label from this card one {date} at {time}

Then, whenever a user adds or removes a label on any card within the same board, Butler will write a comment on that card that will look something like @username added the label orange label to this card or @username added the orange label to this card on October 5th at 2:30pm.

Hope this helps - feel free to respond if you have additional questions.

Tijana Vujanac September 17, 2019

Hi Matthew,

I tried this, but no success..

My butler list:

b1.jpg

Label is orange, RFC is text... I have put this in Description field...

I do not understand how it works, so I just did what you wrote.. does not makes much sense to me...

b2.jpg

Just in case, I have put some text in title of the card..

Same thing... didn't work

b3.jpg

Any hint?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events