Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping a card with a specific label at the bottom of a list

Pat Skerrett September 24, 2020

Our Trello board has daily lists with multiple cards. I would like to have the one or two cards each day with a specific label, let's say "Watching," always at the bottom of the list, even when their card numbers are lower than those of cards added later, making "Watching" cards float to the top.

Here's a screenshot of what currently happens. I'd like "Watching" to always populate the bottom of the list.

Trello.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

@Pat Skerrett you can use Butler to sort lists by label:

when a card is added to list "{*}", sort the list by label green descending

I'm not sure how it handles cards with no label, maybe if you sort by label in descending order it will put the designated labels at the bottom of the list.

Pat Skerrett September 30, 2020

Thanks, Iain. That works for initially creating a card. But it doesn't seem to keep the card at the bottom as new ones are added.

pjs

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi @Pat Skerrett 

Welcome to the community!

I think that Butler would do what you require, using either Board Buttons to manually do this, or Rules to do it automatically.

Link below should be of assistance:

https://help.trello.com/article/1198-an-intro-to-butler#:~:text=Butler%20is%20a%20powerful%20tool,entire%20team%2C%20Butler%20can%20h

Regards, Liam

Pat Skerrett September 24, 2020

Thanks for the info, Liam.

I've been using Butler's to rules create cards for a while, including "move the card to the bottom of list" rule), but I can't for the life of me see a rule that will keep a card at the bottom of the list as others are added.

pjs

Like Liam Green likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi Pat

The only thing I can think is that you can set the rule to run more often, or have a manual button to do it.

Not necessarily relevant, but are you aware that your label says 'warching' not 'watching'?

Pat Skerrett September 30, 2020

> you can set the rule to run more often

Thanks, Liam. How does one force a rule to run say once a day?

pjs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events