KISS:) solution please- board set up to review progress

oct31baby December 25, 2019

Hello and Happy Holidays!!!

Please be patient here. I know my question may have a simple solution, but my skills are in the area of teaching and not analytics beyond the basic data analysis of student behavior.

I have spent about 10 hours over the last 2 days trying to find a solution for the following:

My certification board requires that I supervise my teachers 5% of their monthly work hours. I get this done by basing it on the total hours worked the previous month, obviously figure out 5% of the hours and set that as my goal that must be met by the last day of the month.

A typical schedule of supervision is 1 hour per week per teacher but it can vary. 

I have 5 teachers and just can't figure out how to set up my board to track this. I looked at about 8 different power-ups, 20 youtube videos, and everything is just geared toward "big business" with charts that are overload. 

I just need:

-- how to set up a board that can result in being able to see who I need to make sure to supervise each week

-- how much time I need to supervise them for that week.

-- a way (graph/chart-- without having to leave Trello) to make sure I am on track during the MONTH and at the end of the month, see if I met the 5% requirement or not. If not, by how many hours?

only way I can think of is somehow creating a system where each card is x number of minutes (based on .25 hours) but that won't work because I need to attach a supervision form (doing it through Jotform power-up) to each supervision visit so 1 observation may end up with 4-5 cards but only 1 will have the form which then just complicates this further.

4 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

@oct31baby since you want a KISS solution:

1) Have one list per teacher

2) Create a card for each week this month in each list

3) Use the custom fields power up with 3 fields, one called "hours required" one called "hours complete" and a checkbox field called "supervision completed"

4) Attach whatever notes you want to each teacher

BONUS: create a board with one card for each month of a year, linked to a new board for each month, allowing you a clear historical record of each year.

Each time you supervise, log your hours and if you've done enough for that card, check the checkbox.

Since you only have 5 teachers and there's only a maximum of 5 weeks in a month, the manual setup time for this each month is probably about 30 minutes, and the data entry overhead is pretty minimal.

Obviously you could automate elements of this using tools like Butler or Trellinator, but like, if it's KISS you want, it's KISS you get :)

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2019

Hi

Try a Chrome extension named plus for trello.

This tool offers many features :

card counts • burn-downs • timers • due dates • scrum stacked charts • reports • spent & estimate • user and global estimates • pre-estimates • offline • export • stealth mode • 

See this :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/plus-for-trello-time-trac/gjjpophepkbhejnglcmkdnncmaanojkf

0 votes
Ashleigh Clarke December 25, 2019

ghee Philip 

0 votes
Ashleigh Clarke December 25, 2019

hi Sat holdall 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events