Just trying to reference a card with a certain link.

James Whitlock July 15, 2021

I am trying to make a button that uses the command, Look up a card with link "Linked Card", but it comes up with an error, Card id "Linked Card" doesn't seem valid.

I have set up three cards. Card A is what I want to change based on Card B. Card B is linked to Card C.

I want to change Card A by looking up the card with the link Card C which should be Card B but the error says that the ID Card C doesn't seem to be valid.

So here is the main breakdown command I made to test this.

lookup a card with link "Card C", and rename the card to "Test Successful"

error: Card id "Card C" doesn't seem valid.

What exactly am I doing wrong. Card A looks up a card with the link Card C. Card B is linked with Card C. Card A should find Card B right?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2021

I'm not following what you're trying to do here.

The "look up the card with link" action takes a URL as an argument. It does not look through all cards on a board. It will find one very specific card, referenced by URL.

Ok, thank you. Now I understand my misunderstanding. I thought it would look for a linked card not a URL link. Thank you for clearing this up.

I just retested this and I was referencing the name of the card the link was attached to but instead I should have referenced the URL link to that card (https://trello.com/c/XxXXXXxX). It works wonderfully now.

Like Felix likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events