Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to box keeps coming up

hbeddoes March 3, 2021

Everytime I try to click on anything in Trello the "jump to" box comes up and prevents me from doing anything. 

I have tried using trello in incognito mode and it works fine, but it's not practicle for me to have to do this every time I use it. 

Any ideas how to stop this happening? 

I have cleared the cache and browsing history. I am using a chromebook. 

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 11.44.21.png

1 answer

0 votes
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hi @hbeddoes

Thanks for reaching out to the community! This does seem like a very strange behaviour, we have a keyboard shortcut '/' which brings up that search box, however since the issue doesn't happen in an incognito window it may be caused by something else. Would you mind disabling all browsers extensions as a test and then try to replicate the issue? This can help us rule out a conflict with an extension or not. If it does fix the issue, try enabling your extensions one by one and re-testing to find the culprit.

Let us know how you go!

Cheers,

Lam

hbeddoes March 11, 2021

I have tried that but am still having the issues. 

It seems to happen when I change the account (as a VA I need to access multiple accounts) 

Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2021

Hi @hbeddoes - Ah that's very interesting, are you finding the issue happens only for certain accounts or has it happened across all of them?

I can see that we had one other report of a similar behaviour; It ended up being from their password manager's Chrome extension constantly auto-filling their email address in the 'Jump to' search box. If you're using a password manager, can you try temporarily disabling it?

Thanks!

Lam 

hbeddoes March 16, 2021

Sorted it - it was 1Password causing the issue. I’ve turned that extension off and now it works fine. 

Like Lam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events