Jira Power Up not showing trello link on Jira side

Angela Trigg (Quarles) March 8, 2021

If I manually add an issue in Jira in Trello using the Power Up, it creates a label in Jira called 'trello:[cardID]' which is very handy for me to then use in Zapier so I can move cards in Trello based on transtions in Jira.

However, if the issue already exists in Jira, and I use the power up to assign that issue to a Trello card, it doesn't do this and there's no indication in Jira that it's associated with any Trello card. This is a problem, because I want to create the issue using Zapier instead of the powerup (so that it will fill out some custom fields in Jira at the same time that it's created which the powerup won't do)

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Hi Angela,

I just tested this out and a remote issue link should be added when you create an issue from your Trello card. It isn't possible to see this in the new view, but if you click on 3 dot menu in the top right, you can select to see the issue in the old view, and you can see your link there.

If you're using Zapier then, there may be a way for your zap to pick up this link being added. I'd reach out to Zapier for more information about how this could be possible.

Thanks!

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events