Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Power Up for Trello not creating link as shown in blog

Luke Todesco December 31, 2020

Hi all... I have searched through every community topic on this and can't find an answer

We have the Jira Power UP for Trello linked, and we are able to create issues in Jira from Cards in Trello (amazing), but the issue that gets created in Jira is not including the loop-back link to the Trello card for ease of navigation, we're having to manually add that every time.

In the excellent Trello Blog from April of 2020 showing how the Jira Power UP for Trello works, it shows this:

- Create a card in Trello (works, of course)

- Create an Issue using the Jira Powerup (works, of course)

- Click on the amazing Jira Issue link in the Trello card to go straight to the Issue in Jira (works, amazing)

- In the Issue inside Jira, according to the blog, there should automatically be a Web Link on the Issue that if you click it, it takes you back to the Trello card: THIS IS WHAT IS NOT HAPPENING.  It means we have to (every time) copy the Trello card URL, then open the Issue in Jira, add the web link.

In the blog it clearly shows this as happening automatically, and the blog is from April 2020 before an update was done to Jira - we think the update broke this function.  (Note, there is a "Label" created automatically in Jira, and this Label is what auto-updates the Trello card, but clicking the Label doesn't actually take you to view the Trello card).

Anyone have this experience and/or know any solve?  (apart from just manually having the extra step every time of copy-pasting the web link, which is silly, as it's 100% necessary for the powerup to have any value to the team using Jira).

Here is the Trello Blog, a great gif shows this as supposedly automated:

https://blog.trello.com/jira-trello-intregration 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2021

Hi all,

Just wanted to followup here for the sake of anyone else in Community that might find this problem. 

It was identified that this problem relates to an existing bug in Jira Cloud that we are tracking over in JRACLOUD-74294.  It seems that the new issue view is not displaying links to Trello in the manner that the old issue view does.

• For issues in next-gen projects, there is currently no work-around for this.
  • For issues in classic Jira projects, you can Turn off the new issue view as a means to work-around this problem.

If this problem affects you, please vote on the JRACLOUD issue to help our team identify and prioritize fixes and improvements.

Andy

Luke Todesco January 13, 2021

Thanks Andy!  Our team has voted on the JRACLOUD issue noted.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

Luke,

I think it is a difference in project and project view.  In the demo on the page you shared they are showing a Classic Project with the classic issue view.  On this view there is a n issue link called mentioned in and it shows the trello link.  In the new issue view on a classic project or a next gen project mentioned in is not a viable link type.  The new view only has web or confluence link as an option.  Thus the link being created is not automatically done.  Looks to me like this is a gap / bug in the way the new view works.  I would suggest submitting a support issue to Atlassian here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

I will also escalate to Atlassian in the community.

Luke Todesco January 4, 2021

Thanks Brant!  This was very helpful, and I'm going to submit it :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events