It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue moving a card between boards

HELP!  I am trying to move cards from 2 specific boards, and the are not communicating property.  FOR EXAMPLE:  I want to be able to edit a card description on Board 1 and move the card from Board 1 to Board 2.  The card will move IF I do not edit any of the custom fields.  If I input any of the custom fields, the card will not move.  I can move said card with custom field inputs entered to Board 3 without any problems.  I can move cards between boards 2 & 3 without any problem.  The only problem I am having is between boards 1 & 2.  Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Apr 09, 2020

Hey Sharon,

It sounds like Board 2 has reached the 50 custom field limit, so when trying to move a card from Board 1 to Board 2 that does have a custom field set, the move fails, because Trello cannot add the custom field to Board 2.

If you have less than 50 custom fields, that probably means one of your fields is a dropdown that has a total of 50 options on Board 2 instead. So if a card on Board 1 is set to a dropdown option that doesn't exist on Board 2, there's no room again for Trello to bring that over, and the move fails.

There isn't a way to increase that limit, so I'd instead suggest comparing the custom fields on each board and make sure they match, or remove some fields/dropdown options that are no longer in use.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you