Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to group cards together to save space?

MB March 28, 2020

Howdy,

We have a "pending" list that has multiples of some cards because we do them every month.  So we have cards for Activity - May, Activity - June, Activity - July, etc.  Is there any way that we can somehow group these cards together so we could only see one card for "Activity" that would encompass all the monthly cards?  And then we could split out each month's card when we start working on it?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2020

@MB I wrote this article about sub-tasking with Butler:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

You could use the same basic principle to trigger the creation of a card from the next checklist item, so you'd have your type of activity as the card, eg. "My Activity Name" is the name of the card, then a checklist on that card with the names of the months, then you complete a checklist item and this will create a linked card with the name of the activity plus the month name in your "Doing" list, linked back to the original activity card.

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2020

Hi @MB 

There isn't a way to do this natively, however, you could use the Card Repeat PowerUp to do the same thing. You could set up one card with everything that you want to be able to see every month, then repeat that card every month (or whatever frequency you wanted). 

Doing this would also mean that if something new needed to be added, say another checklist, you'd only need to add it to the 'master' card and every month it would be reflected.

I have a whole list on my board for repeating cards, it just sits there and does it's own thing, I never touch it unless I need to change a 'master.' You would need to keep any repeating card on the board that you want it to repeat though, because repeating cards can only repeat on the board that they're on.

Please let me know if you need more help with the repeating cards PUp, I have about 20 on my board, so I'd like to help further if I can :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2020

The other way to do it would be to have a 'holding board' where all the following months cards were stored.

You could set up a single Activity card and use 'attach' then 'Trello' to attach the secondary cards to them. Then they would be fully editable, but not on the board. Once a month, you could move them onto the main board and they would be there, ready.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events