Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any possibility to create a spreadsheet inside a card in Trello?

Campanha 2022 May 4, 2022

I'm trying to add a spreadsheet inside a card that I can change without having to download a file and edit it

2 answers

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

I recently learned that if you paste a Google Drive link as the card title, it will be a "linked" card and you can actually edit the doc without ever leaving Trello. Give it a try! Make a google drive spreadsheet, then copy the URL and paste it as a card name in your Trello board and you can edit without leaving your board!

Kapture 2022-05-04 at 22.05.08.gif

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Campanha 2022 ! Welcome to the community :) for the moment, there's no way to add an embedded table within a card's description. Trello's formatting just doesn't support that. However, there is something on the roadmap that might address that - "New editor for the card description". Potentially tables will be a formatting option. You could reach out to Trello and see if that's within scope. 

In the meantime, you could create a sort of "fake" table using a code block. So something like this:

```
| Tables        | Are           | Cool  |
| ------------- |:-------------:| -----:|
| col 3 is      | right-aligned | $1600 |
| col 2 is      | centered      |   $12 |
| zebra stripes | are neat      |    $1 |
```

Alternatively, there is a chrome extension that gives you more formatting options including tables: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-cards-optimizer/ipbjjbpopodbnjbjnneakhcppdocpelg

Or, just link to a google sheet. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events