Is there a way where only certain checklists can be shown in the drop down menu in Trello?

Mindy Smith January 14, 2019

For example, only the main ones show up, but have the ones when created to a specific Card be hidden so they don' clutter up the drop down checklist menu... As an example, I can have the checklist for "New Listings"".. but then when I add that checklist to a new listing at 123 W. Main Street... now the 123 w Main street checklist shows up as an option too but don't want it to...

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

@Mindy Smith if your concern is adding checklists to cards so you can re-use them, I would first say that a better option is often to have a template card with your checklists on it, then copy the card as a template.

If you need to pick from one of several checklists you can have a card called ".Checklist Templates" in a list called ".Templates" (notice the "." prefix in both names).

This puts the template checklists at the top of the list when choosing which checklist to add.

You can also have an automation that adds checklists based on label for example.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events