Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to stamp a card to show in which list it was created?

chlwovlf October 1, 2019

Hi guys, I've just started using Trello and it has so much potentials but it's sometimes so frustrating not to be able to tweak things I really crave. I would be very grateful if you could give me any advice.

I use Trello to keep up to my study/reading plan.

Say, I have to read 3 books and each of them consists of 10 chapters.

I'll have 5 lists as follow:

TODO = []

DONE = []

BOOK1 = [chp1, chp2, chp3, ..., chp10]

BOOK2 = [chp1, chp2, chp3, ..., chp10]

BOOK3 = [chp1, chp2, chp3, ..., chp10]

The problem is that the name of the cards are non-distinguishable once they leave the original list (BOOK#) they are created in. If I move 'chp1' from both BOOK1 and BOOK2 to TODO, there is no way of knowing which one is which.

I thought it would be helpful to have cards automatically colored upon creation, based on the list they were created.

However, since I already explained my situation and intention, you can suggest whatever alternative way to achieve the same purpose.

I wonder if there's any Trello Power-up or Chrome extension to do this. CMIIW but I believe there's no native feature to do this.

1 answer

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

You could use a Butler command in addition to labels?

This is what I would suggest if that's something you'd be interested in. First name the labels:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 21.59.43.png

Then create a Butler rule, so that every time something is added to the list 'Book 1' it automatically adds the green 'Book 1' label. That would mean every card created in each label would automatically have the label that corresponds to that label. 

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 22.00.13.png

The drawback is, that there are only 10 colours and grey, which is 'hidden' so you wouldn't be able to have any more than 10 books 'on the go' at once.

Hope that helps

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events