Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to sort cards on a list by the due dates on the checklist?

Hi all -- I noticed that when I sort cards by due date, they sort by the final due date on the entire card. 

However, I'd like my cards in a list to sort by the soonest upcoming due date on the check list of from all the cards. 

For instance:

Card A is due on September 30th

Card B is due on September 20th 

Card A has checklist items that are due on September 7th, September 15th, and September 22nd. 

Card B has checklist items items due on September 9th, 11th, and 17th.

Right now, Trello will sort-by-date to put Card B on the top of the list because the entire card is due on September 20th, which occurs sooner than the September 30th due date on Card A. 

However, I'd like Card A to show up at the top of the list first, because it has a checklist item due on September 7th, sooner than the soonest due checklist items of Card A (September 9th). 

Any way to make this possible? Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Aug 05, 2021

It doesn't look like there's an easy way to do it. Maybe there's a workaround or alternative option though! What's the need to have your lists sorted in that way? Are you looking for visibility on when work needs to start for each check item?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you