Is there a way to receive an email when one of your team members posts an update on their board?

Carla Dassie March 25, 2021

My husband and I would like to be notified when one of our VA's posts and/or updates something on their board. Is there a way to be notified of this? Or do we have to manually go in each day to see if there have been any changes? Thanks. 

3 answers

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Carla Dassie Do you want to be notified of every change they make? Or just when they add a card to the board or comment on a card? Butler should be able to help with sending an email notification when these things happen. You could create multiple rules like:

1. When a card is added to the board by member X, send an email notification to me
2. When member X comments on a card, send an email notification to me

If you want to be notified of every change to the card, you would need to be watching the card to get updated on every change. You could automate this so you're automatically added as a watcher when your VA creates a card. The rule would look something like:

"When a card is added to the board by member X, subscribe to the card"

It won't be retroactive, so if you wanted to go down this route, you might have to go and add yourself as a watcher to the existing cards.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Carla Dassie if you watch the board you'll get a Trello notification for everything that happens in it. This will produce lots of notifications but you'll also see a little dot on those boards in the boards view which tells you there are changes.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events