• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to print a card but only have the Custom Fields that have been filled out on the PDF?

Esme Crutchley Community Leader Apr 02, 2020

Ok, so, I'm in the process of moving a massive area of my life onto Trello, specifically, my Apple Activity.

This means I have 48 custom fields on the back of the card, all of which I want!

To explain - because I work out at home, specifically 3 types of workout, sometimes more than 1 type in a day I have duplicates for each type of workout. The back of the card looks like this, each different type of workout has 6 custom fields:

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 10.06.46 (1).png

But when I print (open card > share > print) all of the Custom Fields print out, even if they aren't completed. They take up over an A4 page! 

On the front of the card it only shows the ones that are filled out:

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 10.09.43 (1).png

The way I've got around this at the moment is to print out the whole thing, then white out all of the custom fields and paste in a screenshot of the front of the card over the white section.

So what I'm asking is - is there a PowerUp or Chrome Extension that will make it so that when I print the back of the card, only the custom fields that I've actually filled out or ticked will show up and the ones that I haven't (like yesterday was a meditation day, so I didn't do cardio or weights) won't show up? I've has a look at the Agile PowerUp, and even using the custom made template, they all show up!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Apr 03, 2020

@Esme Crutchley why not just screenshot the front of the card and print that if it's showing what you need?

Esme Crutchley Community Leader Apr 03, 2020

Hi @Iain Dooley 

Thanks for your reply.

I actually write quite a lot on the back of the card, both in the Description and the Comments, so I need to 'print' (read: save as a PDF) of the whole of the back of the card.

I think I'll stick with 'printing' the whole thing, then moving things around on the PDF (personally, I use PDF Expert to move sections around) and whiting out the sections that I don't need. 

Thank you though :)

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

836 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you