Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to prevent updates to JIRA issues by Trello?

Ben Collins May 26, 2017

I just started using the Trello JIRA powerup today, and it seems useful for me to track my tickets in JIRA along with other non-JIRA artifacts.  However, the powerup is also placing a link to my Trello board on all the linked JIRA issues, which I don't want.  This is my personal, private Trello board just to help me track my work on a week-to-week basis.  

Is there a way to prevent that two-way synchronization?  I only want JIRA => Trello, not the other way around.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2017

Hi Ben,

It sounds like you're seeing the link back to your Trello board in the "Issue links" section of JIRA, is that right? In that case, it's not currently possible to turn that off, unfortunately. We match the behavior of something like Confluence here, in placing that link, so there's no way to stop that from happening. I'll let the team know that you'd be interested in that option, though!

Ben Collins May 30, 2017

Ok, that's disappointing to hear, but thanks for letting me know.

Like I pointed out, the reason for wanting this is just to not clutter the Jira issue with links to personal, inaccessible Trello boards.

Like Peter Clark likes this
0 votes
Derek Gamlyn February 8, 2018

I'll second that. I would like an option to turn off the automatic Mentioned link being added to Issue Links in attached Jira items.

Here's my thought: At the very least, if the board is Private, disable the feature. If the board is public, turn it on by default (and then perhaps give the user a setting to disable it themselves).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events