Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to prevent duplicate cards or boards withing a sales team?

Deleted user March 4, 2020

I work in sales, we use trello to manage leads, jobs, and as a CRM. I am looking to find out if there is a way to prevent duplicate cards or duplicate boards with the employees? For example we have employees A, and B. If employee A is pursuing company 1 and has them on their pursuit board but employee B does not look at employee A's board is there a way to prevent employee B from creating a card or board with company 1 as a lead or possible bid, or even a way to notify employee B that employee A already has company 1 on their board?

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

Hi Parker,

One way to do this could be using Butler. When a new card is added, Butler can search for a card with the same name and link these together. Therefore, you will be able to see in the card that there is another card with the same name. 

This rule would look like this:

Image 2020-03-12 at 1.58.37 PM.png

The risk here is that if the card name isn't exactly the same, Butler won't pick this up. 

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Ryan

Brandy Colmer - FBS August 18, 2020

I need to do something similar to this, but the limitation of only being able to match on card name is not going to work. I have cards that represent leads. They have checklists, and comments, and crmble fields filled out, as we work with each lead through the sales process. When a lead makes a purchase from our website, they fill out a form, and the form sends an email to the board email and creates an expected duplicate card. I would like to be able to have a button on the new card that could search off of a custom field like email or something that would be more unique and then link then new card to the existing lead card. 

Can you make that happen? =-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events