Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to prevent copying my public boards ?

Wang Boller November 28, 2017

I like to work with Trello, and I consider it as a great toll.

However, there is something I miss on my Trello boards.

If you’ve created a Trello Board within many infinite hours of work, and you would like to provide this board publicly (with read only rights), but you don’t want anyone to make a free copy of the entire work or boards you have done.

Is there a way or possibility to protect my work ?

Is there a way to prevent copying the public board ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Wang,

Unfortunately, at this time, it's not possible to prevent your public Trello board from being copied. I can definitely see how this would be useful for you, but this isn't something that we're planning on adding at this time. I'll let the team know you're looking for this, though!

Wang Boller November 30, 2017

Hi Michael,

that's really too bad. Please keep me up, when your team has found a workaround for it! As I really need this function.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Wang

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2017

I don't think it's technically possible.  If I can see something, I can copy it.

Wang Boller November 30, 2017

My idea behind that was just, it would be great if there would be a way just to hide or disable this feature, if needed.

copy_board.JPG

Like Courtenay Teska likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events