Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have more than one set of custom fields on a card? Also minimize them?

Aaron Moler October 1, 2020

We have a ton of custom fields on a card and also a checklist for each department which is added once the card is moved to that department's board. I would like to have a custom field for the first department and then the checklist for them to complete. Once the custom fields and checklist are completed, I would like to  have another set of custom fields and checklist show below the first for the next department once it is moved to another board and so on. I would also like to be be able to minimize or hide the previous custom fields once completed so the card doesn't end up a mile long. We don't want to lose or delete the previous fields and need to keep them all. Just separate and minimize. Could this be done?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

@Aaron Moler So there are 2 difficulties with custom fields. Firstly, they are configured on a per board basis, so if custom fields exist on a board, they exist for all cards.

Secondly, when you move a card from one board to another, if there are values set on the custom fields on that card, then the custom fields will be created on the target board if they don't exist. This results in lots of custom fields being created on boards where cards are frequently moved between them.

The way to get around this is to instead copy cards between boards and link them together. You can automate this process using Butler to make it more streamlined.

Aaron Moler October 2, 2020

Thanks for the reply. Yes I understand what you have said and I need all the custom fields that we have to stay on the card and all the cards will have them. Just wish that you could separate them and minimize sections to show only the fields needed for that board.  I will just have to set the fields to be added once it gets to the next board. Just trying to shorten the length of the card to make it easier to find the fields needed for faster work flow. Thanks again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events