Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have links to other cards in a Board, that update correctly to a new copied Board?

Daniel Lathen July 25, 2020

Is there a way to have links to other cards in a Board, that then do NOT get screwed up when you make a copy of the Board? Ex: Link in Card A to card B, then after I copy the Board card A of the NEW Board will automatically link to Card B of the NEW Board rather than card B of the old one?

If not, I need a workaround that will let me be able to copy many boards from a Master Template, and have each of the new boards have correct, fully internal links to other cards within themselves, WITHOUT having to manually go in to every link in every copy to correct their links.

2 answers

0 votes
Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2020

Hi @Daniel Lathen 

You can use Unito to mirror two Trello boards that will automatically sync when each board gets updated. Here is a link that offers up some information on how it works. Hope this helps!

https://unito.io/integration/trello-trello/

Daniel Lathen July 27, 2020

Thank you but I'm not really looking for syncing....more looking for a way to get links on copies of Boards to change their referenced links correctly. The cards on the different boards should NOT be identical, because that would mean one of them is linking to a different Board, rather than itself.

Like Jillian Amyot _Unito_ likes this
0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2020

@Daniel Lathen  Hmm, i don't think so because i don't know how it would know which is card B on new board B. What are you trying to achieve here? There might be another workaround that doesn't involve it having to know which cards to link.

Edited to add more detail of what I'm trying to achieve, tnx!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2020

@Daniel Lathen still not sure i know of a workaround to achieve that. what are the links that you are linking to when you say internal links?

Just a link to another card within the same Board, so that I don't have to try to describe how to get there to non-tech-savvy clients.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events