Is there a way to create multiple parallel sections within one "Workspace"

Ethan Knightley March 26, 2022

Hi, I'm new - sorry if this is a silly question!

I am trying to use Trello to plot a novel I am writing. I'm using a list per scene, and cards on each of those lists to specify narrative elements which occur within each of those scenes. This works really well for one plotline - but I have three plotlines the are happening in parallel with each other throughout the book.

I was wondering if there is a way to have three different "sections" in a single workspace that I could then easily merge into one as I fit the pieces together, figure out which scenes from plotline B go before/after which scenes from plotline A.

Any advice you could give would be hugely appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2022

Hi @Ethan Knightley, sounds like a cool use for Trello!

Trello can only hold lists in a horizontal pattern so it isn't possible to rearrange or create different sections for lists on a single board, unfortunately. But because workspaces are containers for boards, what about a totally separate board per plot line created in the same workspace? You can move/copy lists between boards at any time to consolidate them under one board later. If you wanted to keep all of your plot points in one board to track how the plots intersect, how about using a "card dependencies" power-up? https://screenful.com/card-dependencies-for-trello

Ethan Knightley March 27, 2022

Thank you for explaining, I am going to play around with Board merging power-ups.  :)

Like Artemis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events