Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create a hyperlink in a checklist entry that will work in the Trello iOS app?

Steve Dickey June 5, 2017

I have two boards. Some of the cards on board A contain a checklist. The entries in those checklists contain the Trello link (URL) to a card in board B. The checklist look and act like a "Trello-ified" link in the web interface and in the Trello Android app, and act as a hyperlink in both interfaces. In the Trello iOS app, the checklist entries merely appear as a text URL, not a hyperlink nor a "Trello-ified" link. Is there any way to get those links to look and act like links in the Trello iOS app?

2 answers

2 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2017

Hey Steve- looks like this is a known issue on the iOS app board from a Trello https://trello.com/b/5tj4qAvo/trello-ios-app

Steve Dickey June 6, 2017

Hey Matthew - thanks for the reply and link!  I'm a Trello newbie and hadn't discovered that board yet.

Jane Felton November 16, 2017

I have the same issue, is this being worked on?

jeremym June 3, 2019

Hi, I'm still having a discrepancy with how hyperlinks display in checklist items between Trello web / macOS application and the Trello iOS app.

1) If I input "[title](Trello card URL)" in a checklist item on my browser, it displays "title" as a clickable link, but displays "[title](Trello card URL)" where "Trello card URL" is a clickable link on the Trello iOS app.

2) If i input a Trello card URL, it shows as a "Trello-ified" link on Trello web/macOS app, but as a Trello card URL in the Trello iOS app (not "Trello-ified").

Ideally, I would like to have it displayed exactly the same way across all platforms, after copy/paste of a Trello URL in a Checklist, have Trello auto-convert the URL to a "Trello-ified" link.

Note:  I have set up Butler rules to manage "Child tasks" checklist items, so that when I create an item under that checklist, it creates a new linked card, except if the item text starts by http... I often build long "Child tasks" checklist from a main card (call it a feature) with as many linked child cards, and I do that with speed on my desktop (a line of text, Return, a line of text, Return,...), then I get on the move and switch to my iOS app. Frustrating to see that my whole checklist is a list of URLs, instead of the text I typed (with hyperlink).... Maybe this is not exactly the same issue as this thread but I think it is closely related to displays of "Trello-ified" links in iOS.

Any advice? Cheers. Jeremy

1 vote
Oliver Rowe March 22, 2023

Select the text that you want to use as a hyperlink, press 'CTRL + K' and you'll get the following: ["text"](). Put your url in between the brackets and it'll hyperlink the word for you. :-)

Jenny Thomas March 27, 2023

Thank you Oliver!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events