Is there a way to copy Butler Commands from one account to another?

tommytompkins July 21, 2020

Hello,

I submitted a support ticket on this last week but still haven't heard back yet so I figured I'd try the community. I'm on a Trello Gold account and I'm trying to copy a board WITH the corresponding Butler rules to a separate Gold account.  When I copy the board, none of the Butler commands are copying with it. Is this even possible without creating all of the commands manually in the other account?

Thanks for your help, 

Tommy

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

@tommytompkins I've not tried it but you might be able to achieve what you want using a command library:

https://help.butlerfortrello.com/article/50-command-libraries

tommytompkins July 24, 2020

Thanks for the reply.  I don't see a way to do that with the command libraries but maybe I'm just missing it?  I also haven't heard back from my support ticket yet.  How long does it usually take these guys to respond to tickets?

Acauã Santos August 25, 2020

Bro! I've found a way to do it. I had same problem

here is my solution:

1- First create a team and put this new account into this team and into the board.
2- Enable all the commands yyou want in the butler to share with the team and to work in all the boards of the team

3- With the new account copy the board (as team board) and then, go to the butler commands and copy all of them.

4- After copy all the commands, change the board to a personal board.

5- Done! Now all the commands you've copied are yours! 

It was hard to find this, but worked with me :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events