Is there a way to consolidate different checklist in to 1 main one?

Darien September 19, 2021

Hi, I was wondering whether I would able to see all the checklists from different cards into 1 whole checklist?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Darien are you able to elaborate as to what you're looking to achieve by doing this? Are you wanting an easy way to track all check-items from one place? You can use butler to copy a check-item and add it to another card, but there might be a more sustainable way depending on what you're looking to achieve.

Darien September 20, 2021

Thanks @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows

Yes, you are right. That is exactly what i need to do, i need to have all the items from different checklists in one place. Do you think this is the best way to do it? Do you know of any tutorials on how to use butler?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

If you're just looking for a quick overview, there are a few tutorials on YT like this one. You could create a Butler rule that looks like this:
checklist rule.PNG
However, I wouldn't recommend it as I don't think it will be sustainable. Some reasons are:
- Check-item due dates/members won't be carried over
- There's no sync between the item and the one in the consolidated list, so when completing/deleting/editing an item, it won't update the other one
- If you have a lot of check-items, you may hit your butler quota quite quickly.

So, here are some alternative ways to view all items in one view:
- Go to the home page and then "your items" this will show you all items assigned to you.
- Use a tool like Blue Cat Reports to pull a report of all items in one board, or even all boards. This is a true report, so it'll always be up to date, and will contain the item's due dates/members.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events