Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add due dates to Checklist Items?

Mark Guest November 7, 2017

I have checklist items on a card that i want to have separate due dates for. Is there anyway to do this? For Example, I have a List Item for Schematic Design. Under that I have a Card for a particular Task. On the Card I have Checklist Items for that Task. I would like to have due dates for each Checklist Item.

Is there a way to do this?

If not can we get this available in an update?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

2 votes
anuraj ms September 11, 2018

iam interested in this option too. is there any chance this might appear on trello in 2018.

thank you

1 vote
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

Hi Mark,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

This is a request that we do hear frequently, and it's something we're currently evaluating. I, unfortunately, can't make any promises about when, or if, we'll be able to add this feature, but I'll add your voice to our tracking of the request, and make sure the team knows it's something that would be valuable for you.

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

To see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at: http://www.trello.com/dev

Cheers,

Marta

brett risley April 5, 2018

Hi There ! What is the latest on this ? It seems to be a highly desirable enhancement, but have not seen any action on it for a long time.

Like Christine Stewart likes this
Robert Drouhard October 8, 2018

Ditto. I find myself using Microsoft (*gasp!*) To-Do increasingly because I can create lists, then tasks under each list. These tasks can have due dates, reminders and importance. I'm really only using Trello now because my team still uses it for some collaboration. And if MS ever connects To-Do with Planner, we'll probably switch.

I'd love to stick with Trello but not having due dates on checklists is kind of a deal killer for my preferred project management methods.

With as many Power-Ups and plugins as Trello has, it's odd to me someone somewhere hasn't figured out how to add due dates to checklist items. It's been a year since this was posted...

Like # people like this
Jason Young May 14, 2019

Bump... due dates for checklists/checklist items in a card would be a key improvement.

Like # people like this
Dave Biesinger May 29, 2019

Same. This is not a NICE to have. It's a NEED to have...

Most implementations of Trello use a Kanban board approach. The board represents to-do, doing, done/test/review. The card is the project. The checklist is a set of tasks to be done by a team or can express dependencies. The individual item in the checklist is the task.

These individual tasks NEED to be assigned an owner and a due date. Bonus points for adding a due date to a checklist.

As it stands, I have a cards with 30-40 tasks on the "doing" board that have a due date 2-4 weeks in the future.

This makes it hard to track our burn-down/progress toward goal using Trello alone.

If I were a product manager at Trello, I would incorporate these features, then build an in-house tool to visualize progress in a Gantt chart. Right now, I'm using Instagantt for chart visualizations.

Joe Einhorn August 1, 2019

I Agree we need this ASAP

Christine Stewart August 30, 2019

Ditto. We are currently evaluating team collaboration apps and having due dates for checklists is a serious requirement. Our tradeshow person has a board for events that appear on separate cards. She needs to have individual due dates for each item on the checklist within each card.

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user September 12, 2019

My office is currently evaluating other project management software companies. I have been an advocate for Trello, but there are definitely drawbacks like assigning due dates and team members to checklists. 

This is only one option that is missing from Trello, while other companies have built it into their design. 

Tyler Lee Burgess November 6, 2019

Would love this! Please consider. 

Holley Barnes January 22, 2020

Yes, please please implement this. We end up having to create multiple cards for the same project aspect just to have different due dates. 

Andrew Unyi April 8, 2020

Add me to the list of requests for this. Trello isn't the only workflow option out there, and without this, it leaves us with one option that isn't a solution at all - make the checklist into a card... Does your product team use the platform internally for their own projects?

0 votes
Alexia May 25, 2021

Hi, is there any update on this topic? Thanks.

Jenna Hood January 5, 2022

It exists but not on a free plan.

Lisa Holdsworth August 3, 2022

Hey Jenna,

Are chance you can eleborate on how this is done?

Jenna Hood August 4, 2022

Sorry, no. I was brand new to Trello when I responded on that May. I had been searching for how to add multiple due dates to a single card and was provided the answer I posted above.
In looking at the original question now, I see that it wasn't about individual elements of card but rather about individual elements within a single checklist. It appears that is not a feature yet. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events