Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way (any way) to search for a specific card directly from the Boards interface?

william June 1, 2017

I want to be able to lump all of my boards (in Trello) together without having to literally combine them. In other words, what I'm looking for is some sort of search function that temporarily (and not visibly) groups each board in the Team Dashboard solely to perform a search to find a single card, rather than searching each of the 10+ boards all with over 50 cards. The benefits of this are obvious, and I'm kind of confused why it seems as if it doesn't exist.

A third-party app that implements a new interface (one that has expandable contents) would even be acceptable. I've been searching for some plug-in/superpower that might fix this problem for hours. So if anybody has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Abbas.shiyasi November 28, 2017

Yas

0 votes
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2017

Hello, William!

I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly - you are wishing for a way to search all of your Trello boards at once so you can find a specific card?

If that is the case, the search box at the top left of Trello is here to save the day! There are various operators you can use to refine the search; for example, is:open will only search cards that are not archived. You can use this search box to find title, description, and comment matches on cards, as well as various other traits (due date, list, etc.). If it's a search you do frequently, you can also save it for use again later.

Hope this helps and that I understood your request correctly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events