Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way I can grab the cover image on a card?

Raegan Fordemwalt July 6, 2021

I want to be able to do something like press a card button (or move a card to a list or some other trigger) and copy the cover image from one card to another card. A lot of my team's cards have multiple images attached, but only the most recent one is the cover. Is this possible? Either with butler or some other program?

Thanks so much!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

@Raegan Fordemwalt so you want to have a single card with multiple images copied, once for each image so that individual images are on their own cards and as the cover?

Raegan Fordemwalt July 7, 2021

I want to be able to take just the cover image from the card, and use it to compare to a previous cover image (which I would have already gotten) by putting them in the description of a separate card (which you can do with "Markdown"). I want to compare my teams work in a side-by-side of how it changed.

Basically, the second option. I would want each image individually? This isn't a high-priority problem, but it would be nice to know how to do. Thanks so much!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@Raegan Fordemwalt this BenkoBot adhoc function takes the cover from 2 different cards and embeds them using markdown into a 3rd card:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/b5c1ed951eaa0749b267418d04934136

Obviously this is just a proof of concept, you'd probably want a listener that would do this for you, but the specifics of how you "pair up" the cards to have their covers added to a description would depend on more specific implementation details.

You already have a BenkoBot account, I see you've only used 19 seconds of your total 10 minutes free, so if you want to test the above you can click this link:

Preview and install code in BenkoBot

and update the 3 x card links up the top to be your 2 x source cards (from which to take the covers) and your target card (into which the links will be embedded in the description).

We'd probably need to help you develop your listener to achieve this though, feel free to reach out on team@benkoworks.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events