Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a maximum number of comments in a trello card?

Jordan McNamee October 21, 2018

I have a project that will never end so i plan to just keep using the same card thus over a multi year period there will be thousands of comments. Can this all fit in a card or will i reach a limit? 

3 answers

1 vote
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2018

Hey Jordan,

Marta here, from Trello support. Right now, there is no strict limit to the number of comments you can add on a card. We do reserve the right to start enforcing a limit if there should arise a performance or stability problem associated with a card, but fewer than 10,000 comments should be fine :)

0 votes
Jeffrey Ocaya September 6, 2021

I just experienced 1,075 historical comments limit on one of my Trello cards.  The comments earlier to the said number do not show anymore and are not included in the JSON export nor the PDF print-out of the particular card.  Luckily, I was able to grab a JSON export snapshot about midway so I still have a copy of the earlier historical comments.  I don't think the 10K comments are accurate but I am using a free account.  I didn't find a hard limit on card comments from this link either - https://developers.trello.com/docs/limits

By the way, 95%-99% of the comments are really short - less than 10 characters - but are used in a crucial manner.

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2018

Did a quick peek around the dev documentation for Trello and found this, but it doesn't mention card limits:

https://developers.trello.com/docs/limits

My answer for now would be a strong maybe but can't find it documented anywhere. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events