Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a max number on automation emails?

Eric Lo November 30, 2021

Hi all, I have several automations on boards to send emails triggered by due dates of cards. Most of the automations work as expected, except for the ones where I'm sending to every member of the board, which is 37 total users. I have another board where the total users is only 12, and the automation works fine there.

Does the automation rule have a limit on how many emails it can send out? I don't see this in the documentation anywhere.

Thanks all.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

Hey @Eric Lo  - the quota limits Alex and Laura shared are correct, but your question prompted me to dig in a bit, and it turns out there is another limit at play, that you may be hitting.

Butler currently caps the number of addresses it'll send to (per "send email action") to 10 - there should be a warning message in your Butler command log, if a command exceeds this limit. In that case, Butler will send only to the first 10 addresses. 

I've just raised this internally with the team, and will see if we can raise this limit, especially for users on plans with higher email quotas. (It's partially in place to prevent accidentally spending your entire email quota in a single command).

Eric Lo December 1, 2021

Ah, that explains it, I think! I did manage to navigate to the usage log and I see the error.
Thanks for letting me know about the quotas and the safeguard. 
Appreciate any help raising the limit to 30 or 50 per action.
-eric

Like Felix likes this
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

A change to bump this limit to 50 is going out today - I've also added a mention of this limit to the help doc shared in other answers.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2021

Thanks for that extra investigation @Felix!

1 vote
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Eric Lo 👋

Trello does maintain a quota for automations which is tied to your Trello plan, please take a look at the table below which covers the Butler quotas...

Free

Standard

Premium

Enterprise

Command runs per month

Unlimited

Unlimited

Operations per month

10,000 per paid user, capped at 250,000

10,000 per user

Emails per month

1,000 per paid user, capped at 100,000

1,000 per paid user, capped at 100,000

Quota pooling

Pooled for all Workspace members

Pooled across all Enterprise members

Note: Quotas reset on the first day of every month at midnight GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

1 vote
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2021

Hey @Eric Lo - there is a email reports quota, you can read about it here: https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events