Is the trigger when a card decription contains {Word} is added to the board add Pink Label

Guy Varendonck February 7, 2023

I am using buttler to auto add labels on to incoming cards  but recently I noticed that it does not seem to work anymore on new rules I create.  Old rules still seem to be fine.  Is this a known issue?   If I use when a card title or description {Word} contains  using it in the tittle works but not in the description.

Thx

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

@Guy Varendonck 

Use wildcard like {* }Word {*} should work for you. Try it. 

Guy Varendonck February 8, 2023

Thx but it does not seem to work in the description field of the card. Just wondering is there a limitation on the number of rules you can have? Also I find it paculiar that I have a rule the state "when a comment is added to a card in list XXX not containing request completed" add Red Lable" that buttler sometimes executes the rule and sometimes does not. See command log below for the rule on Wednesday and Tuesday
Wednesday, February 8, 2023 9:14 AM

Requesting card to check trigger condition(s).
Tuesday, February 7, 2023 6:27 PM

Requesting card to check trigger condition(s).
Tuesday, February 7, 2023 3:50 PM

Running command on board Reference

I added a dark red " label to card *card reference*

I moved the due date to Friday, February 10, 2023 11:59 PM GMT in card *card reference*

There seems to be a problem somewhere that is not related to the composition of the rules

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

@Guy Varendonck 

This seems to work ok.

when a comment is posted to a card with a description containing "{*}request completed{*}", add the green "User Test" label to the card

Guy Varendonck February 10, 2023

Thx it seems to work now.  I suspect there is some latency when executing buttler commands as this is presumeably cloud based

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events