Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to update a same card list in 2 boards?

Gaze Angielab Mendoza July 22, 2020

Is it possible to update a same card lists in 1 board and it automatically update in the other board? If yes, how can I do that? Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2020

Hi @Gaze Angielab Mendoza 

Welcome to the Community!

Technically this is possible with the PowerUp Unito, however, this is a paid PowerUp.

Alternatively, have a look at my answer on Butler rule for adding card to a board if your assigned tasks where I detail how this can be achieved with linked checklist items.

The problem with having synced cards is that if you're not the only person on them, but you're the only person on the second board, anything that someone else does on the first board won't show up on your second board, which creates a problem.

However, if you want to see specific cards, that you're assigned to, on one of your own boards, then using linked checklist items is a better way to ensure that what you're looking at is always up to date without creating unnecessary duplicates that can go wrong.

Please come back to us with anything further! That's what we're here for!

Esme :)

Gaze Angielab Mendoza July 22, 2020

Thank you Esme for your reply.

What if we are only 2 persons controlling the card lists and we're also in the 2 boards? Can we track the changes of 1 card list in 2 boards being done by the both of us?

Thanks again. :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2020

You might be able to with Card Mirror by Unito, but I'll be honest, I've never used it! If you type into the PowerUps things like mirror and sync and words like that, it'll give you all the options that have those kind of words in the title, but again, some of these are paid for PowerUps.

You could also Google something like 'card sync for Trello' and see if anyone has written a blog post or something like that, where they've implemented something similar.

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events