Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to turn a card into a board?

Tia Celentano April 27, 2017

We have a card and we'd like to turn it into a board.  Is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Depends on what you mean exactly with "turn a card into a board". Do you mean: when a card is created, automatically create a board with the same name? Or, have a card be a link to a board?

When I create a card under a board and then realize the card showed probably be its own board and no longer a card.  I get that if this was possible to do, there might be some changes one would have to make before converting the card to a board, as the card may have a lot of info on it.  With that being said, it would be cool if there was a way to make the card a board and then it gave you options on which part of the card you wanted to make a board from (by part, i mean which text you'd want to use as the Boards name)  and then it would take that card and make it a card to the new board you just created from it.     I'm guessing it's not possible at the moment, but maybe in the future.    Hope my explanation wasn't confusing, but thanks for responding!

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

No, it's not confusing. This is not something supported natively in Trello, but you may have some luck looking for 3rd-party automation tools that can help you with that: https://trello.com/integrations

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2017

Doesn't seem like this is available. But this is a great idea to submit for a feature request:

http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

Thank you so much for your quick reply and for suggesting to submit for a future request and providing me with a link to do so!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events