Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to notify board members by email

C&H Business Support March 8, 2022

If an action is allocated to a board member, within a card, is it possible that they can automatically be notified to their email address?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

Hi @C&H Business Support ! Welcome to the community :) when you say "action" do you mean checklist item? So if a checklist item gets assigned to someone, they should get a notification? If so, the default notifications don't cover checklist assignment for the moment. I'm guessing this just hasn't been built into the notification system yet seeing as advanced checklists is fairly new.

Additionally, there are no butler triggers that are based on checklist item assignment, so I can't see any sort of workaround with creating a custom automation.

The only workaround I can see is to @mention someone in a checklist item - based on Trello's default notifications, they'll get notified when this happens.

C&H Business Support August 26, 2022

Dear Hannah, apologies for the late reply and thank you for your advice which was much appreciated.  @[deleted] someone in the checklist is a handy workaround, thank you.

Hopefully Trello will soon allow the option of adding checklist due dates to the timeline view.

Kind regards

Emmanuel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events