Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make a checklist the default on all new cards?

Jen Montgomery August 10, 2020

Every card I create needs a checklist with one item (the same item).  Is it possible to make that one item checklist active by default on every new card?

Alternatively, is there a way to add a yes/no checkbox as a default somewhere on the card?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bear Humphreys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2020

Hi Jen

You can create a new card (let's title it Template Card', but you use what you want) with the checklist you want on it (plus any other attributes you'd like to repeat on it, labels etc). Then you can select 'Make Template option from the Action menu on that card. (I think you could do that with an existing card at any time as well, but I find it good to add recognisably titled Template cards for different purposes)

Screenshot_2020-08-10 New Card.png

Once completed, it saves with a little symbol on it indicating it's a Template card. When you want to make a new card on a list, instead of clicking 'Add another card' at the bottom of the list, select the little symbol opposite.

Annotation 2020-08-10 205702.jpg

That'll give you all the template cards you have set to choose from, as the starting point for a completely new card but you can edit it, title and descriptions etc, as you need from there once it's created and opened.

Hope that helps.

Bear

Jen Montgomery August 11, 2020

That is very helpful, thank you so much!

Jen Montgomery August 12, 2020

Actually, one more related question...is it possible to set a default on the template for a due date?  For example, "two weeks from today" as the default.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events