Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have follow-up email update the card which was originally generated from an email

Clint Desmond September 14, 2020

I love the ability to forward an email to my intake list in Trello by simply forwarding or placing the list's email in my BCC or CC.

So presently when I create a new card in my Inbox List I simply place the email address (i.e. tomd_wallsofthewindmill@boards.trello.com).

What I would like to do is have that card updated with replies to the list. So a workflow I would like is:

1. Clint writes an email to Tom asking him to set up a product demo for ACME.

2. Tom composes an email to John@acme.com and in the CC field, he places the Trello's List's email (i.e. tomd_wallsofthewindmill@boards.trello.com). In the body of the email, Tom proposes a few times for the meeting. Note: Tom has standard text in his email asking the recipient (Tom) to reply all, so John's response is sent back not only to John but also updates the same Trello card which was originally sent from Tom to John.

3. Any subsequent email with the Trello Lists email address, updates the card, you can see the history.

4. Clint searches Trello for ACME Inc and finds the card which shows the communication between Tom and John, and it shows they agreed a meeting at 3PM  Tuesday which I can also see in the Trello Calendar as Tom created Due Date with time, showing the meeting.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Clint Desmond there's no way to do this natively in Trello, but you might like my product BenkoBoard which does do this (and lets you reply from Trello also):

http://www.benkoboard.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events