Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to enable Trello card colors but keep the image attachments disabled?

Ryan Greenfield December 22, 2021

One some of our Trello boards, we value card colors, but we find that the automatic image attachments make the board look too busy. 

Is it possible to enable card colors while disabling automatic image attachments?

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Ryan Greenfield 👋

Welcome to the Community! I've taken a look into this for you and Trello notes:

You can click a card to open it to choose which image to use as a card cover or remove the card cover if you wish to no longer display that image on the front of your card by clicking the Remove Cover link next to the attachment.

You will need to do this per card, currently there is no functionality to permanently disable this feature. However, the manual functionality means you'll be able to use card colours whilst disabling card images.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Ryan Greenfield December 29, 2021

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your quick reply.

In our specific situation, we would really like to disable the images while keeping card colours active.     

We use Trello to track our production schedule in a small manufacturing business.  We have a high volume of cards moving through production stages, and most of these cards have images attached.  If attached images automatically became card covers, our Trello board would become quite unruly, and we would rather not spend the time to remove cover images individually.

At the same time, we really like card colours.  At the time of each list, we will typically attach a "read me" card that contains reference information such as policy documents, training information, and reference links.  

For us, it would be ideal if these two features operated independently.    

As a temporary workaround, I have added an automation that removes the cover image for any new card on the board.  This seems to preserve my ability to use card colours while preventing cover images from appearing for every card.  

Thank you again for your quick reply.  

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events